Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inaugural

INAUGURAL....the first known use of this word was in 1689.


Definition of INAUGURAL (Mirriam-Webster)


1 : of or relating to an inauguration
2: marking a beginning : first in a projected series

Sentence: Welcome to my inaugural post!

I am so happy to present my very first "word for today." Unlike many word of the day websites, I want to incorporate words on this blog that are commonly heard and are useful. I don't know about you, but I don't use words like, "bedaub" or "comtumacious" and I don't plan to. However, I would like to get more familiar with words that are a little more common, but that I might hesitate to use such as, "circumspect" or "taciturn." I invite everyone....my kids, my relatives, my friends and hopefully even people I don't know to visit often and increase their word power.

 I challenge you to use my chosen word for each day at least three times that day and I would love comments below using the words in a sentence or a story about that word.


Happy Voting Americans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment