Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tenacious

te·na·cious

[tuh-ney-shuhs] Show IPA
–adjective
 
 
 
1. holding fast; characterized by keeping a firm hold (often fol. by of ): a tenacious grip on my arm; tenacious of old habits.
2. highly retentive: a tenacious memory.
3. pertinacious, persistent, stubborn, or obstinate.
4. adhesive or sticky; viscous or glutinous.
5. holding together; cohesive; not easily pulled asunder; tough.
 
 
If I'm going to lose that 4 pounds (oh sigh....) by Christmas, I'm going to have to be a little bit more tenacious than I have been.
 

by aussiegall
definition from dictionary.com
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. The perfect word to describe my older son. Why is it that the qualities we admire in adults are so challenging to live with in our children?

    By the way, that photo is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete