Monday, December 6, 2010

Discombobulate

dis·com·bob·u·late  


tr.v. dis·com·bob·u·lat·ed, dis·com·bob·u·lat·ing, dis·com·bob·u·lates
To throw into a state of confusion.

Adj.1.discombobulated - having self-possession upset; thrown into confusion; "the hecklers pelted the discombobulated speaker with anything that came to hand"; "looked at each other dumbly, quite disconcerted"- G.B.Shaw
discomposed - having your composure disturbed; "looked about with a wandering and discomposed air"

I think this is a pretty practical word and I think it's also an agreeable word since it means pretty much what you might expect it to mean if you weren't familiar with it and had to take a stab at its meaning (not at all like supercilious). I thought it was a pretty common word but several people I've mentioned it to over the past week or two aren't familiar with it. I tend to use it quite a bit since I often find myself rather discombobulated , especially on Monday's.

are you familar with it? do you use it?

Discombobulated.....by Kristian D.

today's definition is from thefreedictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment